Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let's Get These Bastards

That was the last thing Emma remembered. When she woke the next day, her clothes torn, her cheek grazed and her eye swollen and beginning to turn black, she had no recollection of what had happened to her. The intense pain she felt coursing through her body told her perhaps it was better left that way. “Just move on” part of her thought. “It was a stupid mistake. I’m just going to pretend it never happened”

“Look, Detective McVadge” she began.

“Please call me Vadgy” was the reply.

“Look, um, Vadgy. I really don’t want to take this any further. It was my foolishness that got me into this. I’m not even sure what happened and I can’t tell you anymore than what I already have. I don’t want to press charges. I mean, who will take any notice of me anyway. I went back there. No one forced me” Emma said.

Vadgy’s face darkened “That’s exactly what they want you to do. They don’t want you to tell anyone. They WANT you to blame yourself. They WANT you to think it was something you did to bring this on yourself. It’s not your fault Emma.

Listen, I don’t want to upset you but you should know, they have found three different hair samples on your clothing Emma, yours and two others. I’ll guarantee you the other two belong to Cain Oliver and his nut job room mate. Now, you can walk away from here right now and pretend it didn’t happen. But let me ask you this. How are you going to feel when you hear that this has happened to another woman? What if I told you that this same thing happened to my partner? And do you know where she is right now? St Luke’s Mental Hospital! Yes, that’s right. It sent her stone crazy.

These guys are predators and so long as women keep blaming themselves and letting them get away with it, they will keep doing it. It’s up to you Emma.”

Emma took a deep, long breath. She thought about what might lay ahead if she did what Vadgy was asking her to do. She didn’t know if she had the strength to face it.

Vadgy reached into her pocket and pulled out a crumpled photo. “Here is my partner. Her name is Tits Ahoy. Even if you can’t do it for yourself Emma, I’m begging you, do it for Titsy.”




Emma looked at the photo. The woman in the photo looked so carefree and happy. “She doesn’t look like that now Emma. Oliver ruined her.” Said Vadgy. “You can make sure there are no more Titsys. Just say yes, Emma, just say yes”.

Emma sighed. She knew it wouldn’t be easy. “Ok, Vadgy, yes, I’ll do it”.

A determined smile quickly crossed Vadgy’s face. “Great, now let’s get these bastards.”

No comments:

Post a Comment